- Practice and the Presence (0) July 20, 2013
When we go to praise dance rehearsals or when we are rehearsing alone in the privacy of our home, we should treat that time as ministry. Because it is. It’s where you minister to God first and to others in the group. You should pay the utmost attention to movement, lyrics and yielding your praise. I have been told that when I worship I seem to dance freely and with great passion. Honestly speaking, in my personal life, I am quite shy, but I practice with a desire to dance in the presence of Our Living Lord always. When I minister in front of others, it becomes easy to forget about others and to worship wholly in front of my King. Every time we dance, we have an awesome opportunity to minister to the very heart of Our Lord and Savior. Let our rehearsals be flooded with His presence.
- Why Dance Conference (0) July 19, 2013
We can expend all our energy in ministry. Yielding our gifts, talents, passion, and energy in dancing before the Lord, until we are depleted. When we go to dance conferences, we can be refreshed, resharpened. There is of course the learning of techniques, the exhortations, encouragements, opportunities to acquire dance necessities, but really it is the connecting with people of like minded passion and pursuit, that re-energizes us. Conferences are a place of celebration and freedom, an organized setting where you can be ministered to. After returning, you are sharpened, and ready to be poured out again.
There are many good conferences coming up. Here are a few:
Do you know of a good praise dance conference in your area?
- Morning Exhortation July 18, 2013 (0) July 18, 2013 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. May you have peace and in faith rest in His great love for you. Let the peace that surpasses all your understanding guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ. Today IS beautiful.
- In Pursuit of Passion (0) July 17, 2013
There are times when dancing can become par for the course. Something you do just to do, or because it is familiar, easy, or comfortable. Dancing takes discipline, commitment and dedication. Dancing for the Lord takes passion. A yielding to the Holy Spirit. I define passion as, the willingness to be ignited by God. Being like the bush Moses saw, that burned but was not consumed.Then those who see, will be drawn into the presence of The Lord Our God, and be persuaded by the Holy Spirit and our yielded witness, to trust and follow Him with their lives.
- Seek (0) July 16, 2013
Daily seek the presence of God for guidance and direction, to just check up and converse about your day. Follow His leading and guiding. Let THE Truth light your way
- Praise (0) July 14, 2013
2 Chronicles 29:30Moreover Hezekiah the king and the princes commanded the Levites to sing praise unto the Lord with the words of David, and of Asaph the seer. And they sang praises with gladness, and they bowed their heads and worshipped.
- Praise Journal – 071213 (0) July 12, 2013
God so lovingly and patiently woos us. He calls us out of self-consciousness until we are only Him-conscious. When we follow His steps as He leads us, our daily walk becomes an impassioned dance in His presence. I am grateful for all He is in my life. The more I trust Him, the more my heart yearns to trust in Him. His presence calls me closer.
- Morning Exhortation July 11, 2013 (0) July 11, 2013 May the Lord Our God bless and keep you. May He hold you close in His arms. May you know how absolutely He loves you and is concerned with everything that concerns you. You are loved completely and wholly.
- Morning Exhortation July 10, 2013 (0) July 10, 2013 Forgive. God who is full of mercy is Holy. Wise. Perfect. We can never measure up to Him or hope to meet His standards. Even though He has given us only ten simple tasks we continually fail. Moment by moment we fail. He then reduced those tasks to two and STILL we fail. It is only by His mercy that we are not consumed and so as we are forgiven by His grace alone, we should also forgive. The mercy and forgiveness we extend originates with Him and is based not on any other thing person or deed but on His amazing love for us.
- Dance Ministering (0) July 8, 2013
If spontaneous praise dancing is like praise and worship, fully choreographed practiced prepared dance is like a choir. Neither one is better than the other and both have their place in a weekly worship service. they both serve to enhance, to illustrate passion towards our Heavenly Father. The discipline required to cohesively minister a prepared choreographed piece, allows for both spiritual and physical skill enhancement. The obedience and yielding necessary for spontaneous type of worship draws us closer to God. Both forms please God and neither can replace the other.